View Single Post
Old April 9, 2009, 07:43 PM   #1
vwjoe84

Uberti Walker assembly

Took the New Uberti Walker for it's first firing the other day along with my other black powder revolver, ate through about pound of powder before the day was done. A real fun gun to shoot. Anyways i take it home for the cleaning ritual. On my smaller pietta revolver the handle comes apart easily for me to clean inside there and soak those metal pieces in soapy water. Now with the uberti i had to fight it a little get the screws out, the butt screw being the worst. I noticed that the V-spring is much different than the the spring on my other revolver, (straight piece of steel riveted to the bottom of the handle) This V-spring has a notch in it that allows it to come off from the brass handle. Now im a bit confused as to how it all goes back together. I tried several different methods of getting the handle back onto the rest of the gun but in all cases nothing ended up sitting as flush and tight together as it had been originally. Plus alot of the screw head are all messed up from the screw driver slipping (No worries i ordered new ones). When i get them in the mail I will try another shot at getting it all back together without "screwing" it up. Does anyone know how to properly get the handle back on the gun? I think the notch in the v-spring has something to do with it. thanks.

Page generated in 0.03624 seconds with 8 queries