View Single Post
Old October 25, 2005, 10:03 AM   #17
stephen426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier Breath
If I could give back the life I have taken for $500 and live as though it never happened, I would burn my ass getting my wallet out. Forcing a confrontation that could turn deadly for $500 is ignorant. Walk or drive away. Money is cheap and easily replacable. Life and limb is not.
Please make sure you qualify these types of comments. If I walked up to you with a weapon as you were making a withdrawel from the ATM and said "pull out $500 for me too", would you simply oblige? If so, please tell me where you live. I promise I will only ask for $500!

When do we really know if we are going to get shot like dogs even if we comply? That is a question probably none of us will ever be able to answer until it happens. That is why we always try to take control of the situation and not leave our lives hanging in the control of some thug.

I do see your point and I do value human life. I work hard for what I have and I don't think I should part with my belongings because some lazy ass who probably never worked a day in his life takes a fancy to my stuff. If someone physically assaulted me, I would defend myself. I would probably go with non-lethal options first, but would gladly oblige and go all out if the bad guy produced a weapon. I'm sorry but I'm not going to just roll over and give them what they want!

Page generated in 0.03974 seconds with 8 queries