View Single Post
Old July 12, 2009, 07:08 PM   #11
ForneyRider

Burris is best bang for buck.

I have FFII in 3-9x40 and 4.5-14x42 scopes for my 7mm Mag and AR-15. I got the 3-9 with the binocs deal, and the 4.5-14 with the spotting scope deal.

I put the quick release Burris rings on so I can use the iron sights as well. I wouldn't try shooting a cigarette out of someone's mouth, but they are somewhat repeatable.

My brother picked up a 4.5-14 after having issues with several Cabela's scopes in same price range. He loves his.

Having power ring and aperture adjustment on the tube makes the flip-up scope covers a PITA. But I still bought them and used them. The Black Diamond has side focus and power ring.

I think the Nikon is comparable, but I like the Burris reticles better.

The Burris Ballistic Plex, similar to Zeiss and Swarovski hunting reticles, is great for hunting.

I don't get into the tacky "White Out" lettering of the Burris and Pentax. The Pentax has a Ballistic Plex offering whereas the Burris is only fine plex and mil-dot.

Black Diamond fine plex 8-32x is on the wish list for target shooting. It's comparable to the Nightforce BR, Zeiss Conquest and Leupold Mk IV. Bushell 6500 series only has 1/4 MOA adjustments, but is similar in price to the Black Diamond. One complaint is the range of adjustment is not as wide as more expensive models, but remedied with a 20 or 30 MOA mount.

Page generated in 0.07895 seconds with 8 queries