View Single Post
Old October 12, 2017, 01:24 AM   #12
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
Possibly you could use the Redding Body Die.
I don't know anything about this die, so I would recommend some research before buying one. Also compare the cost of the die (assuming it would work) with the "cost" of your time pulling the bullets, and then sizing the cases in your SB dies.

This should be a one time thing, so even pulling a thousand bullets might be cheaper than buying a die, that might, or might not solve your problem.

Absolutely DO NOT try to resize loaded ammo in a regular (or SB) sizer die.

The die neck is TOO SMALL, and if you force a bullet into it, its almost guaranteed to get stuck, no matter how much lube you use. ALSO, even if it does "work" you have sized the bullet down too much for an accurate fit in the bore and lead does not "spring back" to the degree brass does.

bad idea, all around.

I'd say "bite the bullet" meaning pull the bullets from the "bad" rounds (and you know you don't have to do thousands all at the same time) size the brass, TRY the cases in the rifle, and if good, reload them.

Are all the "bad" rounds loaded with the same powder? Same amount?? IF so, no problem, but if not, that makes it a little more complex, reusing the powder, you'll need to keep different powders separated if that's the case.

Simplest and easiest is as already mentioned, just shoot them up, over time, (how ever long that takes) in the rifle(s) they work in, and then reload them sized for all the rifles you intend to use.

Page generated in 0.03574 seconds with 8 queries