View Single Post
Old March 4, 2010, 07:49 PM   #31
TxGun

You guys seem to be going down two different roads, IMO. The Pardner Pump Protector, which is what I think we're discussing here, is a defensive shotgun with a 18 1/2" barrel. It is comparable to the 870 Express, but for less $$$. It is not comparable to the 870 Wingmaster, but then very few pump guns are. It also does not carry the price tag of a Wingmaster...even a used one. It is not a competition gun...but then neither is an Express, especially with a home defense barrel attached. No one, as far as I can see, is saying a Pardner Pump is a world-class shotgun. What most appear to be saying is that it's a good solid shotgun for it's intended purpose and good value for the $$$. I don't own one. I bought one for my brother on the advice of a long-time friend who happens to own a gunshop. My bro loves his shotgun and has had zero problems with it. Pretty simple. Some of the comparisons seem to be a little unfair. Most don't compare Expresses to Wingmasters. Most don't compare Mossberg 500s to Wingmasters. Why compare a Pardner Pump to a Wingmaster, or any other high-end pump that costs a lot more? If you don't like it because it's built in China...fair enough, and I totally understand that. But that doesn't neccessarily speak to it's quality for the price, and some folks, due to their circumstances, have to consider that in their buying criteria. All JMO and no offense meant to anyone.

Last edited by TxGun; March 4, 2010 at 08:01 PM.

Page generated in 0.03807 seconds with 8 queries