View Single Post
Old February 13, 2010, 12:51 AM   #9
rcurry

Hello Wrothgar and welcome to Kentucky if that possible move takes place. Heck, welcome to Kentucky if you just come for a vacation or visit!

As for the gun laws I believe our state is simply a common sense state. The Ky. State Police link that KyJim posted is suburb in helping you sort out any questions you may have. IANAL although I do think your good to carry while in transition finding a home, job etc.
From KSP web site: “Effective, July 15, 1998, Kentucky recognizes valid carry concealed weapons licenses issued by other states and, subject to the provisions of Kentucky law, a person holding a valid license from another state may carry a concealed deadly weapon in Kentucky.” (The great state of Texas is included)

You could contact the Sheriff in Lexington Kentucky (Fayette County http://www.fayettesheriff.com/) and ask for guidance. There may or may not be any way around the six months wait on concealed carry. Open carry is a different matter.

I don’t believe you will have any trouble finding a class to get your permit. In my area of Kentucky I called one of the local instructors and ask when the next class was being held. He asks when I wanted it to be held. Back then I was off on Wednesday. So two days later I’m in class being given the instructors' undivided attention. I say undivided because I was the sole member of the class. He could have put me on hold to wait for the class to fill up but didn’t. Kentucky does have some really nice people!

Not be able to conceal in your own home if you choose to in Ky. ???? Where did you hear such a thing?

Page generated in 0.03551 seconds with 8 queries