View Single Post
Old May 22, 2018, 05:22 PM   #13
agtman

Quote:
Thanks agtman! Excellent video. I am having a lot of fun with this project. I watched a friend shoot my Redhawk 44Mag and the SRH 10mm Mag - the 44 is still a bigger blast, but the 10mm Mag is as much fun. I will continue loading up and get some 200gr XTP and post my results as I go.
Have fun and good luck. Don't forget to try the heavy hardcast boolits - 200, 220 & 230gns.

My current favorite is SNS Casting's 220gn 10mm poly-coated HC slugs. The poly-coating prevents the barrel from leading up.

In the Glock 10mms, the poly also makes the round 'slick' for easy-feeding going up the ramp. That's not a concern in a wheelgun, but keeping the barrel from leading up is an obvious cross-over benefit as between the two platforms.

Still am impressed with Taffin's honesty in comparing the 10mm & .41 Magnums:

Quote:
The 10mm Magnum has definite applications as a hunting pistol and a long range silhouette pistol. Shooting informally at long ranges of 100 to 200 meters and using rocks as targets convinced me of this. Anything the .41 Magnum can do, the 10mm Magnum can also do and perhaps do it even a little faster and a little better. That is a tough confession for an old sixgun man to make.

Page generated in 0.03270 seconds with 8 queries