View Single Post
Old February 15, 2017, 11:37 AM   #8
RickB

I like "practical pistol" matches, as they can test all of the gunhandling skills, while also introducing some stress and situational awareness challenges.
I started shooting USPSA twenty years ago, soon after started shooting IDPA, as well.
I've also dabbled in 3-gun and Steel Challenge, but the price and unavailability of ammo drove me from the first, and maybe the lack of variety from the other.

I've decided that I shoot for fun, and since it rains here more than not, and standing in the rain for six hours, for five minutes of trigger time, is no fun, I've essentially stopped shooting USPSA.
I was much more heavily involved in IDPA -club administration, instructing, etc. - so I've continued with that, and now also shoot a new sport that was introduced in my area, Action Shooting International; but I shoot once or twice a month, rather than the once, or even three times, a week that I used to shoot.

All that said, my preference is for "single stack" matches, either USPSA or IDPA style, limited to 1911-style pistols. I've traveled to Arizona four or five times to shoot the Western States match, shot the Oregon championship for many years, and organized a few such matches at my own club. I hope to shoot nationals before I'm too old or disinterested!

Page generated in 0.02231 seconds with 8 queries