View Single Post
Old February 15, 2009, 09:26 AM   #112
MrClean

Wow.... what a read! Not sure how I missed this thread for so long. And actual good points on both sides of the fence.... and some on the fence.

Many years ago, maybe.... maybe I would think they would just take the goods and leave. Today? No. I work on a Gun Interdiction Team and I see absolutely no value for life with the people we deal with. None. Maybe the BG's are different where some of you live. Here, they would just as soon shoot you so there is less risk of being identified for even small crimes. I hear that from THEIR mouths while in handcuffs and taking them on that nice enjoyable ride to the jail.

No, I don't have "statistics" to back up anything. My statistics class professor spent the first 2 weeks showing us from various real life cases how stats can be twisted around to meet the compiler's needs anyway.

All I can say is if there is a 1% chance that he may shoot someone, I'll take that. And EVERYONE would agree to that small % I believe. I would rather not wonder about it after I had done nothing and he shot someone. I would much rather "explain" my actions after shooting him than explain my "lack of actions" to their next of kin.

The US has become way too "tolerant" on many issues in my opinion. And this is one that will cost lives.... when people freeze or hesitate because of all the PC and Sue Happy folks out there.... folks die.

Does every encounter have to end in a shooting? Most definitely NOT. It's the last thing I want to do. Once a weapon is brandished and there is a clear threat of life..... unfortunately it's time.

**stepping down off soapbox looking for HBP medicine**

Lifetime NRA, USPSA, HCSO, CRS Club

Page generated in 0.02318 seconds with 8 queries