View Single Post
Old June 8, 2014, 04:35 PM   #3
roguetwelve12

Hi Jim,

Thanks so much for the response. It's definitely a RR frame (SN 17460XX and "FJA" ordnance marked on the left side of the frame) with the correct "NO." preceeding the SN for this time period.

The "G" is sideways stamped, with the bottom of the G oriented towards the right side of the pistol. Given that every other picture I've seen of government "G" stamps has the G oriented towards the back of the pistol, I'm inclined to agree with your line of thought that this is likely an inspectors mark.

Additional side-questions:

1) The recoil spring plug has no indentation/lip in it. Otherwise it appears genuine-period in every other facet. Any idea why this might be?

2) The slide has no internal markings/stampings whatsoever. It appears from Clawson/every other online source that this is correct, as nobody mentions internal markings on RR slides (outside of slide is marked normally, otherwise as a third style RR slide for this period. Am I correct that there should be no markings inside?

3) G-stamp question- In that case, would post-1942 Colts not have G stamps on the slides as well?

Sorry for the annoying questions. Just trying to learn.

Page generated in 0.03701 seconds with 8 queries