View Single Post
Old July 12, 2013, 08:03 PM   #1
ROCK6

Boston law regarding confiscation…

My wife’s uncle (actually great uncle) lives in Boston and I was shocked to hear that following a burglary report while they were out of town (no firearms were stolen), the police inquired if he owned any firearms. He said yes and they asked to see them and that is when they found them “improperly” stored. Improper was in the closet and under the bed with no trigger locks.

They immediately confiscated them and I’m assuming he lost his license to own firearms (not sure if that’s the case), but he was told he could not keep them and that he needed to sell them. I always thought a trigger lock was an infringement on my firearms but it’s disconcerting that law enforcement could confiscate under such circumstances. This is an older couple in their mid 70’s, but I would think a future break-in where bodily harm was done without the ability to defend oneself would be a hell of law suit.

Fortunately his brother-in-law in Florida is going to purchase them at a discounted price, but this strikes me as a blatant infringement. The sad aspect is the history surrounding Boston and gun manufacturing…

ROCK6

Page generated in 0.02911 seconds with 8 queries