View Single Post
Old May 29, 2012, 10:57 AM   #9
BigJimP

Skeet and Skeet is your best option for Skeet shooting.

The reason your gun came with a pair of Skeet chokes and one Imp Cyclinder....is some shooters (not all ) ...when they get to a "shoot off" ...and they shoot doubles from stations 3, 4 and 5 ...(not in a typical round ...just in shoot offs )....in the shoot-off they will put a Skeet choke in bottom barrel and an IC in top barrel to tighten it up a little for that 2nd target that is a little further out than normal ( especially if they're not quick with good eyesight )...they feel a little more under control with the IC in the 2nd barrel vs feeling rushed with a Skeet choke in that 2nd barrel.

Now, serious Skeet shooters like Zippy ...or my buddy Dave...will scoff at this concept ..( but they won plenty of shootoffs in their prime ) with Skeet and Skeet in their guns / my buddy Dave has his Skeet - Skeet chokes lock-tighted into his tubes...and he just laughs when I say this ... / but that is why Browning shipped your gun with a pair of Skeet and one IC.

Switching chokes on a regular round ...like in station 1, 2 .....or 6,7 is a bad idea...stay with Sk - Sk ...on a regular round of Skeet.

Page generated in 0.03255 seconds with 8 queries