View Single Post
Old March 17, 2012, 10:19 PM   #10
Beagle333

Okay, let me start off by apologizing. I didn't mean to make a scientific report from my casual day of it. Here's the deal: I measure my powder with my .7cc scoop, from my .357 reloader (b/c my flask split down the side last week), and that scoop holds about 11 grains per scoop (± 11 grains, depending on if you tap it, the wind blows, you leave it heaped a little, or whatever) And I put 3± scoops of powder, and 1± scoop of cornmeal, from my little ziplock baggies (no flask, remember) in each chamber. But now that this comes to question, I got out the brass measures, and assuming that I was using loosely packed material, and not being very careful at all with each scoop, let's just say that in actuality, I didn't take care to make darn sure that each scoop was perfectly filled and level, and ended up with 42 grains total in the cylinder.
So, here is a pic of 2 of my measures, one at 42 grains, and one at 21 grains.

And here is a pic of my cylinder, after dumping two of the 21 grain small measure in it (near cylinder) and one of the 42 grain big measure (rear cylinder),
and you can see that without any packing at all now, a ball will easily seat just below flush with face of cylinder after seating it with the loading lever.

So, lemme go back and modify my statement to say I was using 32 grains of powder and 10 grains of cornmeal, just to account for being lazy with my measuring and so nobody thinks I have some sort of prototype cylinder. I didn't try to put exactly 44 grains in there, just because I didnt measure exactly today either. I might try that later, just to know exactly how much can be stuffed in there. Again, I apologize for possible rounding errors and being misleading with exact volumes.

Page generated in 0.02516 seconds with 8 queries