View Single Post
Old December 22, 2011, 03:05 PM   #8
jmr40

Quote:
Stainless M77 Mk IIs had/have a steel floor plate.
None that I have ever owned prior to the Hawkeye were steel. They were aluminum left in the white with a clear coating. I was wrong about the triggerguard, it has always been steel, but not the floorplate.

Quote:
Although it is widely believed, the M77 Hawkeye is not built on the same action as the M77 Mk II. The Hawkeye is, in fact, its own action. Part of the change over to the Hawkeye was Ruger's desire to simplify the manufacturing process. A few minor changes were made to the action, to save machine time. Dimensionally, they can (usually) be considered the same (buying a stock, getting a scope base, etc); but, mechanically, they're different actions.
I have both, cannot find any mechanical differences. The manufacturing process may be somewhat different, but it is my belief that all parts will interchange. The trigger is advertised as different, but it is my belief it is still the same trigger, just smoothed up a little more before leaving the factory. If you have any documentation to back this up I'd like to see it. I've never heard any of this and I follow Rugers pretty closely. But I've been wrong before.

Page generated in 0.02114 seconds with 8 queries