View Single Post
Old December 4, 2010, 08:19 AM   #62
deathrider

as far as booby traps, the only thing I believe is legal is animal traps, you cant help it if some trespasser steps on one. but I am not sure on laws how often you have to maintain your traps? once a week to check maybe?

I had a friend interested in using my land earlier in the year, until he was trying to hike into the entrance & saw bear tracks, he lost all interest. he was looking for a place to play an instrument that wouldnt disturb his neighbors, & he is a convicted felon & cant have a gun, so he said he would try to find somewhere safer to play. he truely freaked out over finding bear tracks.

the bad thing is he was on my neighbors land, he went too straight, & didnt make a right turn. but if a neighbor had saw him & he explained what he was doing & who I was they would have helped him showing him where my boundary was, & he had a signed piece of paper from me for him to be there to look it over. plus a very crude not to scale map hand drawn. I have since offered on several occasions to show him, & I get the same reply, thats ok, thanks anyway, he doesnt want any part of being around possible bears. lol.

this thread has been interesting, I will tend to side with landowners, I dont believe in claymores or deadly resolutions, for trespassers unless they pull or point a weapon. property isnt really worth a life.

one fine point that has not been mentioned! SQUATTERS RIGHTS! if they openly, take posesion, you could lose your land, it is up to the land owner to make sure he doesnt allow anyone to "squat" my problem wasnt a real squatter, but if I didnt walk the land peridocially, then person responsible could claim they have been there "X" number of years, it was a huge tree house, with a commode, & they had kerosene can for a heater, they could easily claim it was a "house" or "dwelling" & have met all the rules to take possesion & file for a title & legally take my land. if something went that far I would contact the 1% bikers I grew up with, & worked with & let them have some "fun"! I worked full time & part time in a bike shop for 15 years run by a club member, & am considered almost family, I had a falling out with owner over a couple small issues & I quit, removing parts from my bike & allowing a "prospect" to use my parts, or allowing a customer to test my expensive race brakes, & me without a scoot, so prospect patch in. a prospect while prospecting has to ride his bike to every meeting no matter what, & instead of taking a new part off shelf & letting guy charge it, he would remove used part off my bike & let guy use my part until he could find a used part, or to buy a new part. or like my brakes, he didnt keep instock, but he would try to help a sale to allow customer to use my brakes on their bikes a couple days, & then they would buy, but in meantime I had no brakes, but they stayed flushed & & he gave me the fluid, but I got sick of reinstalling my parts, that happened too many times & a couple vacations, & me with a bike, but not able to ride it, so I got ticked & quit, but I still consider him my best friend.

Randy

Last edited by deathrider; December 4, 2010 at 08:35 AM.

Page generated in 0.03576 seconds with 8 queries