View Single Post
Old April 10, 2008, 11:47 AM   #8
TINCUP AL

The purpose of the log book would/could show that a person is serious about their training and attaining the skills necessary to carry/use their firearm with the utmost care and responsibility. Not just getting or doing the "minimum" to satisfy the requirements to get your CCW permit. It shows that you have gone above and beyond to get the most training and practice that you possibly can, and that you are more than capable in using your firearm to defend yourself or loved ones. This very issue has been brought up in court many many times, wether it involved a police officer or a civilian. The question would be asked, "what qualifications do you have that shows that you are trained and capable of carrying this firearm ? " I would much rather be able to show that I have gone above and beyond the minimum requirements, because it was "that" important to me, and I took it "that" serious, rather than "just" having the basics. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion, although I am glad to see that somone who I feel is very qualified (Mas Ayoob )also shares the same opinion.

Page generated in 0.03299 seconds with 8 queries