View Single Post
Old December 5, 2002, 05:59 PM   #5
Will Beararms

Evironment: Flooded timber duck hunting where gun is slung across shoulders via strap as the decoys are set up and picked up, boat is hidden and stragglers are chased in temps from 60F to 30F with butt stock of gun frequently submerged in water.

Duration: Five years of duck hunting.

Findings: Three Benelli Super Black Eagles, One M1 Benelli and One Super 90 Benelli choked The three SBE's choked within the first year due to the recoil mechanism in the butt stock rusting. The M1 spit an extractor after a month and a half of use. The Super 90 spit an extractor after five years of use.

Unless you install the sure cycle in a Benelli, the recoil mechanism in the butt stock will fail if they are used in harsh environments.

Five Remingtion 1187's were watched during this same time frame. Two spit an extractor around the 5,000 to 7,000 round mark that were 3" Magnums. One spit an extractor within the first year. It was the then new 1187 3.5" model.

The Remingtons never hung up--------ever. The Benelli's jammed frequently and had to be cleaned each day to function.

These are the facts. This is what I have witnessed not heard of or read about on the internet. By the way, I have seen two 870 pump Remingtons and one 835 Mossberg Pump jam too in that period.

I have had flawless service from a Browning BPS pump and a Beretta AL 390 but I clean my weapons after each hunt if any shots are taken.

YOU MAKE THE CALL.

Page generated in 0.04011 seconds with 8 queries