View Single Post
Old March 6, 2013, 11:03 PM   #20
MphsTiger1981

Loading 230 RN Lead bullets for .45 ACP - - a Tutorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob443 View Post
Just a note to thank Johny Guest who started this thread and the other commentators who tore apart his logic and offered dissent and/or agreement;

Thank you. Sincerely. As someone who is an experienced re-loader but has never reloaded 45acp or cast bullets, the conversation presented here puts me in a position to where I really think I can start loading them, have some ideas of what to watch out for and produce a quality accurate load the first time out. Eliminate a lot of the trial and error that comes with picking up a new cartridge to reload.

The dies are back-ordered and the only bullets available 'in stock' are the cast RN. It'll be April before I can actually start making bullets. My bad for not ordering the dies and bullets in November when I first considered that I should be reloading 45acp.

Anyway; great thread. Thanks again.
Bob,

No need to wait till April to start reloading for your .45. Check online with Cabellas. I bought some Lee dies to reload this caliber last week and they arrived yesterday.

For cast bullets, I recommend Falcon Bullets. I ordered 500 200 grain lead semi wad cutters on Friday. They were delivered on Monday. Can't beat that for service!

Good luck!

Page generated in 0.03162 seconds with 8 queries