View Single Post
Old August 30, 2011, 03:58 PM   #9
Scooch

A slightly different problem...

The "too good to be true" deal got me too. I shipped the revolver to my office so receiving it was easy. I dare not open the box at work and cause an HR sh**storm so I had to wait until I got home. That was hard.

The revolver was a poorly manufactured POS.

The barrel wedge was hammered into the slot so hard that there was no way I was going to get it out without damaging the barrel, frame, center pin or all of them. This was obviously an effort to close the gap between the cylinder and barrel, which even with the wedge jammed in far as it could go, was still so large a gap that the cylinder rotation prong would not engage the cylinder enough to rotate it. The cylinder just slopped back and forth on the pin between the barrel and the rear frame. The barrel exit (muzzle) was not finished. It appeared that the machining did not finish the rifling and the bit was removed about 1/4" from the end of the barrel, leaving a large unfinished and jagged obstruction just inside the muzzle. Good thing the cylinder was so loose. Firing this revolver could have been dangerous.

But hey, the grips fit beautifully!

This is only my second Pietta and my first was flawless. I had no hesitation in buying another. So back to Cabela's it went and now I wait for my replacement. One thing is certain, Cabela's return policy and process IS flawless. I just wish it were faster!

Page generated in 0.02962 seconds with 8 queries