View Single Post
Old November 17, 2010, 09:31 PM   #13
Oneholewonder

Lost a 240 pound on the hoof 8 point in a similar encounter in upstate NY two years ago. Hit the buck hard with my .307 from 10 yards away. Shot over it on the first shot because it was so close. Hammered it in the femeral on the second shot as it was turning to head for the hills. Waited about thirty minutes before blood trailing it. The blood trail consisted of big chunks of thigh bone as well as tons of blood. Hard to believe how far the deer went but it was easy to follow. It laid down twice and left huge pools of blood in both areas. When I reached the second area where the deer laid down a hemlock was just covered in blood. That's where the blood trail ended but no buck. Then a voice calls out from the knoll above, maybe 30 yards away but hidden behind brush. Says "hey flat lander you're screwing up my hunt. Get out of my area. Go back to Long Island or wherever it is you came from." I apologize for interrupting his hunt and let him know I'm tracking my mortally wounded buck that fell where I'm standing and I just need a few minutes to find him and I'll be out of his area. This time he threatens me and says you're deer ain't here. Now get out of here before I show you how we we locals take care of flat landers around these parts. I live here all year long and scout this area for big bucks and then you rich bastards drive up here for the day and shoot our deer. F U, now get out of here before you get shot.

My buck happened to die right where this guy was hunting. He heard it fall and was probably gutting it out when I stumbled upon him. Probably an unemployed local guy that needed the food or just a red neck jerk. Either way I wasn't going to lose my life over that buck. As I left I told him I hoped he enjoyed the deer meat (I give mine away anyway) and I told him I was sorry to lose a fine rack but I've shot better bucks.

Too many desperate and ignorant crack pots out there to escalate matters and get into a ******* contest over a buck when both sides have loaded rifles.

Page generated in 0.03446 seconds with 8 queries