View Single Post
Old December 11, 2009, 03:36 PM   #49
rburch

Quote:
Quote:
peetzakilla, I'm not trying to argue, just curious, since it's the reason I carry a spare mag.

What is your malfunction drill with just the mag in the gun? I mean Tap, Rack, & (hopefully) Bang, works for FTF, FTE, but probably won't fix a double feed.
My malfunction drill is to play the odds. There are many who disagree with my assessment. As I've said in the past, I'm perfectly comfortable 99.999% of the time carrying NO gun at all. Having a gun takes me to.... oh, I don't know, 99.999999%? The odds of my ever even THINKING that I need to use my gun are slim, the odds of my ever drawing it in "anger" are very minute, the odds of needing to fire a SINGLE shot are vanishingly small, the odds of a follow-up shot are smaller yet and the odds of my G33, which has NEVER failed in any way, failing at JUST that moment are, well, beyond comprehension.

Other people worry about it, and that's fine. I don't think that most of them should, and most of them think that I should, so.... to each his own. C'est La Vie.
Thanks for sharing that peetzakilla, I'll go as far as to say I agree with your statement 99.999999%. I'm probably not gonna stop carrying my spare mag, just because I've gotten used to it.

But I can understand where you're coming from.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Page generated in 0.02206 seconds with 8 queries