View Single Post
Old July 16, 2000, 11:54 PM   #3
andyb

Correia, if you have time and inclination, how about trying it cross-draw and let me (us) know how it feels and allows handling. I've modified an Uncle Mike's size "0" IWB that I've used for .357 wheel gun to allow a full size 1911. I moved the pants clip about 60 degrees so that it is straight up and down while the holster crosses down from belt buckle to behind left pocket. With the muzzle area stitching removed and "stopper" stitching made in front of trigger guard, the 1911 sits on a nice angle with grip tucked under belt buckle. The hangup is still the back sight and hammer - they can dig while sitting/driving - and some bulge in the pocket area (which I cover with a cell phone) This is the closest I've come to comfort but there is still work - I'm thinking a hard slick plastic or mica sewn on top for a hammer ride.

Obviously I'm interested in a real working rig but I just can't see buying and finding out it doesn't work well. It sounds like you've found yours. I'm 5-8, 160, 34 waist wearing Levis and T or polo shirts generally - dress-up on occasion, so a full sized 1911 is a full sized cc concern. Your help appreciated in advance. Thanks.

Andy

Page generated in 0.02541 seconds with 8 queries