View Single Post
Old February 24, 2000, 12:46 AM   #5
IZZY

Howdy Bergie!

I own a EAA bounty Hunter in .45 in Nickel...it is an Accurate gun. It does have some problems however.... The loading gate needed to be tightend up, the barrel Lapped due to excessive leading and the ejector underlug would lossen up durring firing ( this was solved by some "Gun-Tight" by the compony that makes "Lock-Tight". My Gunsmith fixed those other problems. For some reason They advertised a 7 and a half inch barrel and it came with a six and a half...no problem the gun hits DOWNED bowling pins at 50 yards! ( I wanted the 7.5 cause'I know that the ol' Colt sights were maximised at a 7.5" barrel at 25 yards but this gun shot like the dickens regardless!)

Expect a few glitches with a gun this cheap. (Btw my trusty gun-smith says Rugers need trigger jobs, my trigger is SWEEET, but make sure to check that out before you buy...also mine was FIRST PRODUCTION run...so it is possable they worked those problems out...but don't count on it!).

Another intresting note is that mine was made in Germany by Wienrach...has all the nitro proof marks...perfect it aint but it is good for the money! ( Oh yah get the nickel....rust is your enemy!)

Peace
IZZY

Page generated in 0.02835 seconds with 8 queries