View Single Post
Old April 16, 2013, 03:32 PM   #9
Erno86

The Tikka's are fine rifles, with very smooth running bolts. I love the Kimber's too. I like my standard stainless barreled Model 75 Sako {pronounced Socko}, synthetic stock in 30-06. The Model 85 is a step-up from the 75, because of the better designed magazine retention button --- due to when the president of Sako, lost a Model 75 magazine in a mudpuddle in Africa --- which brought about the redesign of the magazine; for the Model 85.

The synthetic 85 lacks the palm swell of the synthetic 75. I love the wooden stocked Sako's --- but if I were going to take a bolt rifle to such places as Alaska, due to the rainy conditions --- I would go with the synthetic.

Standard size barrels are a chore to carry around in the mountains...but may I suggest getting a standard weight Sako barrel --- because it is less whippy, holds a sight better and has less of a tendency to heat-up quickly.

I prefer the 30-06, over the 308. But if I were just going for whitetails...I might prefer the 7mm-08; due to the advantages of a short bolt throw.

I'm not quite sure...but I believe the Tikka's have a plastic magazine.

--- George Orwell

Last edited by Erno86; April 16, 2013 at 03:51 PM.

Page generated in 0.02464 seconds with 8 queries