View Single Post
Old September 15, 2011, 09:45 AM   #8
shopsteward

Thanks for the replies. I know the guns are notorious about breaking locking blocks and the bolt handle as both parts are cast. I have had the gun for 8 years and when purchased, it had a lifetime warrantee. The first problem was a broken locking block, which was repaired under warrantee. Then the locking block broke again and by that time Charles Daly was out-of-business. I was able to contact the manufacturer in Turkey and they were great about sending replacement parts, even a new assembly that included a differently manufactured locking block that eliminated the locking block breaking problem. I have attempted to contact the manufacturer again, about the bolt handle breakage problem, to find out if they have solved that problem, but have not received a reply. I have one bolt handle left and don’t want to use it as it is one that I can use to pattern a replacement part from. I was hoping that one of you was familiar with this particular problem and already had a solution (other than a boat anchor). I really do like the gun as it is light with little recoil. I am not a metal craftsman and am not sure if I can really make one that is an exact copy of the original bolt. I had thought about making one out of a screw driver. I was also wondering if the bolt needed to be in the gun in order for it to shoot. Looks like it would shoot without it as it might only be utilized to open the chamber to insert a shell when first shooting the gun and to empty the shells when done shooting. If I could get your thoughts, I would appreciate them.

Thanks,
Shopsteward

Page generated in 0.02336 seconds with 8 queries