View Single Post
Old April 6, 2009, 04:22 PM   #2
pendennis

A Note To The Owners

Following is the text of a message I sent to the CAL Ranch Store -

Quote:
I was made aware of the comments by your Mr. Gerald McGary on KIDK. Mr. McGary made several comments concerning his opinion on selling guns to certain individuals he feels should not own them.

If Mr. McGary honestly believes that the person attempting to buy a gun, is not qualified, he should not make the sale. Just because an individual correctly answers all the questions on the BATFE Form 4473, doesn’t mean you have to sell that person a gun. You are the final arbiter of the sale. For instance, if the person was obviously upset, drunk, or on drugs, he would be completely within his rights to not complete the sale. As management, you should back him in his decision. However, unless Mr. McGary is aware of specific instances where a person should not have a gun, he should refrain from the comments he made, his First Amendment rights notwithstanding.

I do not live in Idaho, so I don’t have a local stake in your business. I’m writing this because your employee has made comments about the potential intention of others, and contrary any proof, those opinions should be held a little closer to the vest.

Page generated in 0.03402 seconds with 8 queries