View Single Post
Old April 19, 2017, 07:02 PM   #52
Arizona Fusilier

I live in the city, my EDC is a Sig P220. But if I go camping for 10 days, why can't my "EDC" be different?

My outdoors/rural carry has been my Beretta 92F, stoked with Fiochi 124gr truncated cone "combat" (which is no longer available). I have found this combo to be superbly accurate, and I selected this in anticipation of longer engagement ranges. That, and a healthy 15 round capacity, because you know there's going to be a few misses if you're shooting much beyond 15 yards. Let's be realistic; the Beretta is a large and bulky gun by current standards, and I carry mine in a Bianchi G.I.-style full flap holster. In my travels across rural Arizona, the Gila Monsters have yet to object to it's obtrusive presence.

Having said that, my longest ever handgun shot was about a hundred yards, at a four inch post, with my 6" S&W 57 in .41 Magnum. I often carry that hunting.

The talk about all the mass shootings etc. in this thread have given me a little pause. Maybe we should all back up that target a few yards, no matter what we carry as an EDC, and see where we stand.

The last time I shot at a target at 20 yards with a handgun, it was a humbling experience, I recall.

Page generated in 0.03725 seconds with 8 queries