View Single Post
Old November 19, 2012, 08:36 PM   #1
Yacobid

PPQ, G19, SR9c - Finialy got to shoot em

So while waiting for my permit I have been hunting for my first handgun. I have been doing a ton of research online and narrowed it down to the following

M&P 9c
Walther PPQ
Ruger SR9c
Glock 19

I am looking for mainly a HD and range use with occasional carry (thinking about getting a single stack sometime later on) So I got a chance to go to my local shop put my hands on the guns in question and shoot a few too. Here is what i found

M&P 9c - grip was supper comfy and narrow which I liked. It seemed to be balanced really well butI had one MAJOR complaint about it. It felt like I could only get a good purchase on the bottom of the gun. I felt like I needed to grip it higher but couldnt because my middle finger would hit the bottom of the trigger guard. if it had a cutout like the glock it would have been by far the most comfortable. I didnt get to shoot this one, but even dry firing the trigger was horrible. This would def need an APEX kit to be a conender

Ruger SR9c - I really wanted to like this one, I really did. It feel good in the hands, was able to get all 3 fingers on the grip easy. Didnt scream comfort but wasnt uncomfortable at all. It was a great size for HD, Range, or carry. Shooting it is where I lost it. I wasnt a fan of the sites, for some reason I couldnt stay focused properly. The trigger was very smooth but had almost no pre travel. Almost felt like a SA trigger. Broke way to early for me. I grouped very well within a 4" group but was kinda all over the target

Glock 19 - not too much to say about the glock that hasnt already been said.... the gen 4 was much more comfortable to me than the gen3. The grip angle was noticible but not so much I wouldnt own it. Its a great size for any use and was very accurate and easy to shoot. I was shooting 3" groups at 50 ft pretty easy and I hated the stock rear U shaped sites. Kinda felt like owning a Honda, does everything very well but nothing really stands out either. Would def have to get stock night sites or aftermarket.

Walther PPQ - VERY FUN gun. Grip was very comfortable but it does sit higher in your hand than the other 3. Sites are fantastic, but then again I like some daylight bwtn the sights. The PPQ is all about the trigger though. The trigger pull is silky smooth and the break surprised me most of the time. The reset is awesome. There is almost no travel before the reset. This is a very soft shooter but there is a bit more muzzle flip than the rest which makes follow up shots a bit more time consuming but not impossible. This was by far the most accurate of the group. The PPQ would be ready to go out of the box

So I think I have narrowed it down to the Walther or the Glock..... anyone wanna throw their 2 cents in? I welcome other options as well. I have a couple more free rentals coming my way

Page generated in 0.02320 seconds with 8 queries