View Single Post
Old May 7, 2014, 05:44 AM   #18
jmr40

Are you certain they put a new slide on it and did not just refinish the one you sent in. Either way it would be great CS, but the P85 has been out of production for 25 years. It is pretty common for guns sent to Ruger to be returned in as new condition. I've heard of many guns being re-blued. They also replace any worn parts

Sometimes this is a bad thing. Any aftermarket parts are removed and replaced with new factory parts even if there is nothing wrong with them. Sometimes the aftermarket parts are returned with the gun, sometimes not.

Glock does the same BTW. I live about an hour from Glock in Smyrna. 3-4 years go I carried 6 Glocks there belonging to myself, friends and family to have night sights installed. I dropped the guns off, drove over to Bass Pro Shop, ate lunch and returned in the early afternoon. Glock installed the sights, replaced all springs, extractors, and any other small parts in each gun. They also test fired and cleaned each gun. Total cost for the sights and everything else was $60 each. Slides would have been refinished if needed.

Page generated in 0.02207 seconds with 8 queries