View Single Post
Old March 2, 2008, 12:58 PM   #19
Wild Bill Bucks

Just to up-date this old thread, I finally got a competetion trigger from Sharp Shooters. It took me 2 weeks to get an e-mail answer from them, and another 3 weeks to get the trigger. The trigger is great but I think they must be a mom and pop type of place, because I called them about 20 times over about 2 weeks, before I could get an answer. They are the ONLY place that I found that makes a replacement trigger for the MLII.

I had a local gun smith install it for me and had it set on 2 1/2 pounds. The Gun now shoots when I pull the trigger, regardless of the position I am in. The safety of the gun did not seem to be effected in the least, and knowing the gun will go boom when I pull the trigger, gives me one less thing to worry about when I am hunting.

I have tried about 5 or 6 different powders and about 10 different bullet and sabot combinations in this rifle, and I am back to the original Vit #110, at 42 grains, MMP sabot and hornady .45 caliber 250 grain bullet.
Nothing I shot seems to be any better, and some shoot a whole lot worse than others. With the load I'm using, it will shoot poker chips at 100 yards, shot after shot.

The rifle (with scope) weighs considerable and is not one you woud want to carry on a stalking type of hunt, but from a stand it is unbeatable. This rifle shoots so accurate that I will use it if I have to put it on a freight dolly to get it to my stand.

I know this is an old thread, but I felt like the information, might be useful to any of you thinking about one.

Page generated in 0.02841 seconds with 8 queries