View Single Post
Old January 12, 2005, 09:15 PM   #18
cpileri

Location: Peoples Republik of Maryland, Sister State to Kalifornia
One thing.

The police models are great becasue the good, workable, cost-effective accessories are in large part designed for them.
About police models...
Whatever you get, if its a surplus police or new police model that has an 18-in barrel then they mean an 18.000 inch barrel!
I almost had a stroke when a former shooting buddy took it out! See, from the bolt face on a closed action to the muzzle is indeed 18 inches. But from the outside edge of the receiver to the muzzle (measured from the outside, parallel to bore axis) it is about 17.75!
I started looking around all paranoid to see who was looking too closely at us. It was nerve wracking until (like 1 minute later) he pulls out a wooden dowel marked by using carpet tacks to attach a metal tape measure and was 18" long. He slid it in the bore on a closed action, etc and there actually was a nanometer or so of barrel to spare. I wasn't too amused, and didnt fire it cuz I was still paranoid about my fingerprints being on it.
C-

Page generated in 0.03350 seconds with 8 queries