View Single Post
Old October 5, 2013, 01:02 PM   #9
44 AMP
Staff

I had one of the Commanche .357s from the late 70s, and it was NOT a decent lower priced firearm. I would, reliably fire four rounds out of the six, and not always the same four each time!

If you got a good one, great. If not, then you were pretty much stuck. The second Llama I had was also a lemon. 1911 style gun, the one with the tiny vent rib (forget the model name), it would fail to extract every 2-3 rnds.

At that point I decided to spend a bit more money up front, and get a gun that even if it had issues, I could actually get it fixed. I gave up on Llamas, and you know what? None of my other guns missed them at all!

While there may be exceptions, guns chambered for the .410/.45 colt that I have had have not been as accurate with the .45 Colt ammo as the guns chambered only for .45 Colt have been.

In my Contender, I have two barrels, one .45/.410 and the other .45 Colt only. The .410 does ok with .410 shells, and only fair with .45 Colt ammo. The .45 Colt barrel is more accurate than the combo barrel.
Your mileage may vary.

Page generated in 0.04655 seconds with 8 queries