View Single Post
Old May 26, 2012, 06:50 PM   #19
dacaur

Quote:
Not trying to pick a fight but if you are getting 3-4 tenths of a grain variation with Unique in 9mm charge weights your technique STINKS.
If my technique works great for power pistol, and not for unique, and its the same story over and over with many different people, perhaps the powder IS a little to blame, hmmmmm? My experience and that of countless others proves unique is a difficult to meter powder, so what exactly would we be fighting about? Or are you actualy saying its easy to get consistent charges so anyone that cant obviously just sucks?

Quote:
It grows tiresome because many new loaders avoid effective and available propellants because they read some posts on the web saying X, Y or Z meters horribly.
And thats a bad thing why? I dont see a problem with it. Isn't it better to keep new reloaders away from the difficult to meter powders until they get some experience? I doubt there is anything unique can do that an easier to meter powder cannot. If someone absolutely HAS to use unique, then they can spend the time to learn the "technique" thats obviously required to use it.

I'm sure that when you have been doing it for years and years you have a feel for it and have the perfect technique down to make unique work, then it works fine, but someone relatively new doesnt need the frustration of trying to make it flow right. I just settled on a mid power load so that the heavier charges were still safe....

I know that I sure wish I had seen some of the warnings about unique before I went out and bought some. Everything I read about it was hunky dory about how great it was until after I bought and started using it, then after having trouble, an internet search turned up plenty of others having trouble metering it.... No such problems arise with power pistol.....

So yea, the problem is in fact that the powder is difficult to meter, and if a newb sees this and decides to get something else, all the better for them, some people have all the luck!

Page generated in 0.03496 seconds with 8 queries