Thread: Prime time guns
View Single Post
Old August 8, 2011, 07:18 AM   #5
Terminus009

movies

Now some movies show gun defense in a clear moral light. But again, how many times do we see defenseless victims? My girl has to go to trade shows and I bought her a gun to travel with: she won't be caught defenseless in her motel room! Hell no. She was reluctant but I convinced her that the police (I have BIG respect for cops: many family members are LEOs, and they, even in Illinois, support the 7 seconds trip) can't get there fast enough to prevent tragedy. We live in Southern Illinois, thank goodness. My girl only goes as far north as Champaign Urbana for her work.

I know movies portray extreme and unlikely situations, but some punk busting into a motel room is not far fetched. I feel better when my woman is on the road that she has a gun. Single action semi auto she punches small at 7 yards. Good enough.
----- In Justice Robert H. Jackson's memorable words, "If there is any fixed star in our constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein."

Page generated in 0.02792 seconds with 8 queries