View Single Post
Old April 8, 2011, 01:10 AM   #8
HKFan9

I work for a gun shop and I am in charge of shipping firearms back for warranty and repair work.... trust me... I know everyone makes lemons, even Glock and HK and whatever have you. They are NOTHING compared to the old Remington Rands, I am not the only person who has had a bad experience with the handgun, sadly the Taurus has better fitting in it then the Remington's do. It's your money whatever, but they should be going down in price, not up.

100...even 500 rounds through a semi auto handgun is not even broken in yet.

Not to even mention they use cast frames and slides... which aren't made in a Remington factory. Your paying for a name stamp. They are cast in I believe the Philippines and the internals are mostly MIM. So really your getting a $300 RIA (actually decent guns for what they are, co-worker bought one used for $100) but paying $700 for the Remington name stamp.

The Remington Firearms Company (read: The Freedom Group) is NOT the same company as The Remington Rand typewriter company who made 1911's for the Government.

You can say SA makes their parts in Brazil... but Imbel in Brazil FORGES their frames and slides, and actually does a very good job at it. Plus Mil-Spec's and GI's from SA can be had cheaper, and come with a Lifetime Warranty, go ahead and read some threads on Remington's customer support.... I deal with them at least every 2 weeks... I can tell you they are terrible, but do a search, don't just take my word for it.

$700-$800.... get a used Colt, you will be much happier. They are made better than all the rest or most at least.

People hate on SA and Kimber all the time, but I can say of all the ones I have owned I never had an issue.... and can't remember the last time a SA, Kimber, or Colt came back to our shop needing to be sent out. Not saying it doesn't happen, but personally I would feel much more comfortable with those brands.

To each his own I suppose, but a gun NIB from factory that wouldn't go back into full battery, nor would it lock back with either supplied mags....., Remington makes great rifles..... but even they are slipping. They are too busy buying other companies out. I expect Marlin firearms to go downhill soon since Remington gutted them.

Last edited by HKFan9; April 8, 2011 at 01:47 AM.

Page generated in 0.02083 seconds with 8 queries