View Single Post
Old January 11, 2010, 08:22 PM   #9
RAnb

Quote:
I was wondering if their was any way I can silence a .270 or a .243? I am wanting a high powered rifle silenced. If you have any information please fill me in. I am looking for a homemade one or anything thank you.
Contact the manufacturers at these links; http://www.silencertests.com/links.htm . They can tell you if their 308 silencers are warranted for use on 270 or 243 rifles. It should not be a problem as many silencer owners report good results using a silencer intended for the 308 Winchester on their 5.56 rifles. Check out the subguns and silencertalk forums for advice on buying and making silencers. Expect to pay about $1000 and up for a 308 silencer from a reputable manufacturer including the tax.

Making or buying a silencer both require routine ATF authorization and a one time $200 tax. It is unlikely that any hobbyist like myself would be willing to make you one for liability reasons. Also if you live in different state from the unlicensed maker, then are two $200 taxes to be paid to get it to you and that makes a homemade silencer not worth it.

Feel free to PM me.

Ranb

Page generated in 0.03169 seconds with 8 queries