View Single Post
Old October 14, 2009, 09:08 PM   #8
bclark1

Thanks much - quite useful. Sounds like deer hunting on steroids, which is sort of what I'd hoped. Nothing too foreign or unattainable.

Sounds like altitude would be a big concern. While I think the crew I'd be talking to is in pretty solid shape, none of us have spent much of life above 1,000 feet. General cardio work is obvious, but I'll have to look into how to prepare for thin air.

Good to hear where over-the-counter is available. This is a concern of mine in terms of not being sure the availability of my friends and such, it's helpful to know where some flexibility is available in terms of tag access.

I also appreciate the areas in terms of specific suggestions. Some people are incredibly protective of telling even generally where they hunt. Glad to hear at least a few general suggestions.

I'll start checking out specific DNR websites once I narrow down to a state or two. Seemed daunting to be reading into a half-dozen or so at once, wanted to see if I could focus on a state or two that is particularly simple for nonresident beginners first.

tumbleweed, tried to click your link but it gave me "no such URL" as the address was truncated by the forum software. However, site looks good - I'll poke around, but not sure what specifically you were directing me too.

Thanks all!

Page generated in 0.03416 seconds with 8 queries