View Single Post
Old January 31, 2006, 11:04 AM   #1
Doug.38PR

Snubby fans: Say a guy with an AR 15 drives a car through the windows of a restraunt

You've got your Chief Special or Detective Special (or any of the variations, models and airweights out there) on your hip or in your pocket loaded with .38 Hydrashoks (or your ammo of preference) and two speedloaders full of .38+P LSWCHP for extra punch in your pocket.

Do you feel you can take this Rambo on? Chief Special has 5 shots. DS has 6, but still, either way it's a snub nose with power cut down due to the short barrel and quite a small gun that will have quite the recoil.

The guy starts spraying the restraunt. You turn your table over, get behind it (You just know that will stop a bullet ) and pull your snub. Can you handle it? Or do you feel you have 6 spitwads to shoot at the Terminator?

I think I could handle it (I'd rather carry the 6 shot DS if I didn't have my full service size .38 revolver or .45 auto or 9mm) Keep my head, don't panic and spray all six shots in his general direction. Single action, one well placed shot will end the fight, or two if need be. If he doesn't go down after the first or second shot, he will at least be stunned. Advance on him taking well placed shots at his center mass. Be sure to leave one shot left for when you get close enough you can drill a hole in his head if need be.

But still, the pyschological aspect of it. Little Snubby vs. Sergent Slaughters AR15

Page generated in 0.03070 seconds with 8 queries