View Single Post
Old March 21, 2017, 06:41 AM   #34
stagpanther

misprison--I learned a new word--thanks for that! : )

I used to shoot a lot in TN wildlife area ranges--while they may not have a range officer present, they ALL have a state ranger assigned to oversight of the district If you really had any questions--you shoulda called them if you felt the law was being broken and it really bothered you that much. Somebody once called and reported my rear-end while I was firing my 44 mag blackhawk in the pistol pit at 25 yds, and I hoisted my rifle to look at the target through my scope at the target--next thing you know a ranger showed up ready to cite me and fine me for firing a rifle in a pistol-only pit.

There is so much buffoonery that goes on at these unsupervised ranges that I've learned from experience to keep my nose out of everyone's business UNLESS someone stupidly does something that endangers themselves or others with getting shot--then I'd jump on em without hesitation (and I'm a small wimpy guy). Your choice--but I go with the mind-your-own-business crowd unless you are absolutely sure you want to get into the part-time ATF informant business. Gangs fronted by drug cartels are also very active in TN--you may want to think twice about walking up to and hassling someone about their weapon.

Page generated in 0.03146 seconds with 8 queries