View Single Post
Old September 11, 2013, 06:54 AM   #14
bikerbill

The real issue there, I think, is similar to one we will face in Texas down the road; huge blocks of liberal voters drawn from crumbling states like California to better lives in states where the economy is strong because of conservative government. Unfortunately, they refuse to leave their liberal points of view behind and join the fans of low-tax, low-spending politics. Instead, they force the things that wrecked their own states on their new homes. Settling near big cities for the jobs, they overwhelm rural, conservative residents and slowly turn their new homes blue. Austin is already gone, and Dallas and Houston are also strongly liberal. Those of us in small towns see that drift and cheer for our brothers and sisters in Colorado who showed that it can be done.

The vote is perhaps the most significant for gun rights since the Supreme Court voted on Heller. Bloomberg and the other wealthy gun-haters who poured tons of money into the campaign won't be detered from doing it again, because they don't care how voters in Colorado or Texas feel, they only care about how THEY feel. Nothing better this morning than picturing a roasted crow on Bloomberg's breakfast plate.

And Mike, I think Morse conceded the election. Tho it may have been close, I'm guessing there will be no calls for recount.

Page generated in 0.02244 seconds with 8 queries