View Single Post
Old June 19, 2019, 11:34 AM   #17
Brownstone322

OK, thanks for those who helped out, although I knew some of the replies would ignore my criteria, which I thought were reasonably specific. So lemme see, a few notes:

• Really, I do not want a .45 Auto (not now, at least).

• Beretta and CZ don't make anything that meets my specs. The CZ P-10 comes in conventional sizes (compact and full-size), as does the Beretta APX (more or less). I already own two Berettas and a CZ, though, and I like their their stuff.

• The SIG SP2022, as noted, is hammer-fired.

• S&W does not make an M&P9 that meets my definition of "hybrid size" (which follows Glock's definition of "crossover"). The standard M&P9 is close (4.25-inch barrel), but it's not what I had in mind.

• The Springfield Armory XD Mod.2 4-Inch Service Model actually meets the criteria, but I've never liked those things, and I don't want one.

• The Walther P99 AS actually looks cool, but it sizes up more as a mid-size or compact as defined by the Glock 19 template, which is my benchmark. (I am aware that Walther makes a P99C AS that they call a compact, but it's smaller still.)

So, anyway, I think the finalists are the ones I listed to begin with ...

• Glock 45 (maybe the MOS version)
• FN 509
• H&K VP9
• SIG 320 Carry

If anyone wants to comment specifically on those four, I'd be interested to see what you have to say.

Page generated in 0.02550 seconds with 8 queries