View Single Post
Old December 19, 2012, 06:49 AM   #18
Magnum Wheel Man

I was suprised, but watched the striker pull back to the backward position, as the bolt rotated down, so... it was definately cock on close

I traded mine for an "unfired" 70's Remington 700 in 35 Whelen, to the guy my FIL got the 600 from originally, close to 20 years ago... ( bear in mind, old guys memories & 15-20 years of time span ) I'm sure my FIL didn't have any work done on it ( as it had a cheap Tasco scope that had the internals locked up on it... so the power ring moved, but you couldn't adjust the impact point on the scope... I know if my FIL had shot it, he would have at least changed the scope... the guy I traded it to, remembers that was the scope that was on it, when he traded it to my wife's dad... that guy wouldn't have had a reason or the skills to change it from cock on open to cock on close ) that said, I'd suspect this was either a very early or "special" model, or a previous owner to the seller I know did or had the conversion done ???

since the OP questioned weather it was cock on close ??? I wonder if they may have been a run of them made that way ???

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; December 19, 2012 at 07:35 AM.

Page generated in 0.02496 seconds with 8 queries