View Single Post
Old May 18, 2012, 04:05 PM   #4
snuffy

The Hornady "REAMER" simply removes the primer crimp. It does NOT remove any metal from the sides or bottom of the pocket.

Another tool for reloaders concerning primer pockets is the primer pocket uniformer. It deepens the pocket on the bottom of the pocket, also squares to edges of the pocket floor, but again, it does not remove brass from the sides of the pocket.

If that brass is easier to primer, it simply means it ( the brass), was fired with too high chamber pressure, the primer pockets are expanded. A primer is for all intents and purposes trapped in the pocket by the breech face. As long as it does not fall out before firing, it will work and usually not leak. However if it's really loose, it can fall out while being extracted. Only a real problem IF you're shooting a semi auto like an AR, if the primer falls into the trigger mechanism.

I would load and fire them, leaving them lay. Only if just plinking, where you can take the time to clear the jam caused by the primer getting jammed up in the trigger group.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.02862 seconds with 8 queries