Thread: CZ VZ58??
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2012, 02:56 PM   #12
armoredman

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?board=67.0

Lotsa info there.

The SA vz-58 has been built/imported in this country under a few different names. Most important are the two major competitors right now Century and CzechpointUSA. I am not fond of Century, but in the interest of fairness a lot of people have reported being quite happy with their Century built vz-2008 clone. I, on the other hand, have the CzechpointUSA imported, CZ-USA sold D-Technik built SA vz-58.
Current configuration, with FAB/Zahal folding stock with rising cheek piece, FAb/Zahal ergonomic pistol grip, FAB/Zahal quad rail forearm with FAB/Zahal folding foregrip, Neit Arms extended bolt release, and Neit Arms extended ambidextrous mag release. Toss in a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot that is working very well, and it's a truly fun and reliable rifle, and using the Israeli patrol sling assists with longer range shooting. Ignore the fat guy shooting it...

D-Technik changed their name - they are now known as Czech Small Arms, or CSA in short. Look for the D-Technik or CSA logos on the receiver. CZ-USA never imported the SA vz-58 even though CZ-UB still lists the military configured full auto versions for sale in Europe. The previous poster was correct that the short termed importation was through CzechpointUSA. Dan at Czechpoint stands behind his product 100%, BTW, great guy and a great company.
The rifle itself is fantastic, lighter than a stamped AKM, and that is with a milled receiver. Mine will hit a man sized object at 200 yards with no magnification.

One of these days I am going to mount a real scope and see what happens.

I also have the latest and greatest from CzechpointUSA, the SA vz-58 in 5.56mm with AR magwell adapter.

So far this rifle is proving about 2MOA, which I am happy with from a rugged military style carbine with a 16 inch barrel, with irons sights. The scope pictured proved to be inadequate, and the replacement shipped from Optics Planet got so fouled up by their shipping department that I expect to see it next June. Then I will see just how good it does, and I expect it will do VERY well.

The black finish on the rifle is most likely paint over a better finish, contact Czechpoint, if it is their import, for details on how to fix it.

The only thing to watch for is home builds - the SA vz-58 is classified as a difficult build, and I've seen a few that are doozies of Bubba worksmanship. Yikes.

Short story, if it's D-Technik, go for it.

Page generated in 0.04020 seconds with 8 queries