View Single Post
Old February 17, 2012, 07:25 PM   #1
603Country

Another dead scope - my Burris FFII

Well Darn...I've had a Burris FFII on my Ruger 260 Rem for about 7 months and I've said on this forum that I liked it quite a bit. I think that it has died. Just this week I got a pound of Reloader 17 to try out, and I couldn't get a decent group with any powder load. I was just spraying them all over in a completely random fashion. I checked all screws, mounts, etc. and found nothing wrong. Not a bore fouling problem either. Well, this afternoon I decided to go pig hunting, so I took 2 rounds of my favorite load (4064) and thought I'd just check my zero. Bang! And the first hole is 6 inches right of the target. Hmmm. That's not possible. Chamber the second round. Bang! And this one is 6 inches left of the target. Distance between holes is just about a foot. OK, well we've all had bad days at the range, but that was a load that used to shoot into less than 3/4 inch time and again. My load data book says "this load shot into about 1/2 inch, so this is the go-to hunting load". Wasn't that long ago I had a Nikon fail me. Here I go again, but this time with Burris customer service. I hope these people are not too tough to deal with. If they are, I swear to all that's holy that I'll smash it flat with a sledgehammer and ship it back to them. And buy another Leupold VX3. I'm in Full Curmudgeon mode right now. These people had better be nice to me. Grump grump grump!

Page generated in 0.02654 seconds with 8 queries