View Single Post
Old November 29, 2009, 04:56 AM   #43
cptsplashdown

I think you miss my point pichon. You are basically suggesting that you consider it acceptable to submit yourself to the whims of a non existent law because you believe that to resist a government agent who (for perhaps innocent reasons) is imposing an illegal restriction on you is being a "martyr." You then go on to suggest that it would be better for me to submit myself to this non existent law in order to preserve my second amendment rights. What about if an agent decides to come into your home and search it whenever he wants. This is simply an extension of your attitude. You would submit to such a search, even though there is no law permitting it, because in the end you would rather the LEO or whomever catch one or two criminals rather than respect the rights of the other 90% of the population. All well and good, and I think it just comes down to your personal philosophy. Some people are willing to sacrifice more of their personal freedoms for the security that society provides. I on the other had would rather keep my personal freedoms and provide for my own security to a certain degree. In either case, I will not be submitting myself to any illegal searches just to make life easier on anyone, yourself included (sorry,) and if that makes me a martyr so be it. I don't really believe it does, but your opinion is respected none the less, even though I respectfully see things differently.

Page generated in 0.02407 seconds with 8 queries