View Single Post
Old September 11, 2007, 05:30 PM   #51
mordis

silentarmy i see statements like yours all the time, but with no substantiated proof that a civillian is at a greater risk of being a target. Im not talking LEO im talking civllians, and most leo i talk to arnt the most knowdgleable when it comes to firearms, they just shoot to qualify and thats it.

As a armed guard, my job as deterence, thats why we opened carried as part of our uniform. I believe that a civilian open carrying is doing the same thing as a security guard, acting as a deterent to crime. As I have said in the past, when you know what to look for, its easy to tell when someone is casing a place and when you just detered a crime. I see it all the time. I work the worst places in my area.

I just wish the whole open carry makes you a big target crowed would find some news paper reports, of Civlians not leo's but joe blow, who decided to oc and became a target.

Im reminded of a guy here in northern indiana who went to purchase a car late at night(mistake) and had his ccw with him, but when he was attacked was unable to draw it intime.

Page generated in 0.03244 seconds with 8 queries