View Single Post
Old July 29, 2001, 10:39 AM   #7
Correia

Oh man I'm sore. I just rolled my damaged carcass out of bed. I didn't realize just how hard that tent hit me. I feel like I'm playing football again or something.

Ok, here is the story for those of you interested. We were in a spot that gets some of Utah's famous high desert wind blasts. We also had a really large shade tent. (Special thanks to Doug444 for the use of his jumbo tent). Well a huge gust caught the tent and flipped it over repeatedly, and everybody started jumping out of the way. I mean, this thing was really cruising.

I was down on the firing line, and I saw it coming. I was in a spot that I figured that I could intercept it and stop its kamikazee path of destruction. So I figured that I would time it and grab one of the legs as it went past.

Ok one thing to remember, this thing was about the size of a sail boat sail, and it was cruising. There is a lot of kinetic energy involved there. So instead of me grabbing the leg and stopping it, I got steamrolled! I didn't even slow it down. CRUNCH.

Really it wasn't too bad, but I bet I sure looked funny.

Yes, I will admit that I giggled like a little sissy while shooting the Uzi. But, come on, I only did what all of us would have liked to do.

Also the 700 with the suppresor rocked beyond all comprehension. Super accurate, Leopold scope, McMillan stock. And shooting a .308 with no ear protection. That was awesome.

Special thanks to Todd for bringing some sweet hardware, that I had never seen before.

As for good shots, I believe that Porter Glockwell is pretty sold on getting himself a FAL after he popped a balloon out of the air with an Stg 58. Same thing for Joe after he plugged everything in sight with a Jay's Garand to perfection. I'm still trying to figure out how PvtPyle can be a good shot with his sightless 1911, go figure.

No 200 yard 1911 headshots for me this time around though. But I did run about 85% on clays with an 870 riot gun.

MiniZ's painted M1A looks great. Karsten does do good work.

It was really good to see new shooters. I'm not really sure how many people we had out there. Probably no more than 25 at any given time. But folks came and went all day long. So we probably had 35 or 40 in total. That is just a guess. But there were more than ever before.

My wife is funny. I did not expect her to show up. Let alone seeing her walk over that last rise in sandles carrying 30lbs of cranky baby Correia. But she figured that we would be hot and would want some popsicles. Yes! A wife that supports me in my shooting. Enjoys shooting as well. AND encourages me to buy guns! HA HA HA!!

And also thanks WVC for the BBq that was a lot of fun. And it was good to sit around and shoot the bull with everybody.

So all in all I would say that Utah Gathering IV was a rousing success.

Page generated in 0.03281 seconds with 8 queries