View Single Post
Old August 30, 2013, 05:50 PM   #20
tahunua001

CDMcKane,
Idaho has it's own muzzle loader season. if you want the priviledge of your own private season that most other hunters can't attend(because lets face it most hunters are strictly centerfire) then you should be willing to accept the added challenge. weather exposed caps, black powder, cast bullets, open sights(not sure if that's a requirement here or not but a scope is pointless IMHO anyways), all are a means of challenging youself and if you are willing to do all that then by all means you should get your own season so that there's at least something working in your favor.

if you are out with all those limitations and everyone else is using electronicly ignited guns with scopes and sabots and getting 300 yards out their rifles then you are at a huge disadvantage over everyone else. if you are going to have a primitive weapons season like muzzle loading and archery then everyone should have to be primitive, not just the ones that do it for the challenge or for the nostalgia.

otherwise, stick to centerfire(like I do most of the time). I will say that I like casting my own bullets and 460gr maxiballs are sure fun to shoot out of my .54. I don't need a sabot to shoot it and I don't patch unless I'm using round balls. do you really think a 300gr XTP can do better within 100 yards with 100gr of powder behind it?

Page generated in 0.02035 seconds with 8 queries