View Single Post
Old April 23, 2013, 07:40 PM   #18
buck460XVR

Quote:
I don't get that statement, do you know many wisconsin deer hunters that waste venison?
You need to go back and look at the whole statement where I said The hunters may be doofusses, but they hunt ethically and safely. They take only high percentage shots and make clean kills. along with the small part you quoted.

I too hunt Wisconsin. I don't claim to be the "Buckmaster" you are, but in the half a century I've deer hunted I've taken my share with rifle, bow and handgun. The year I shot my first buck with a bow there were less than 100 deer taken in the whole state during archery season. Now they take more than that in any ONE day during archery season. In that time I've witnessed deer hunting change dramatically. While I don't always agree with how others hunt, as long as they are legal, safe and ethical, I have no quarrel. If they only take high percentage shots, make all efforts to find wounded game and use ALL the meat on the carcass, I applaud them. The last thing I would do is insult or belittle a fellow hunter that hunts that way. There are too many out there that do not. If you fit into the former and not the latter of those two groups good for you. If that's the case, IMHO, you are an "above average" Wisconsin deer hunter. Now do you get "it"?

Last edited by buck460XVR; April 24, 2013 at 05:42 PM.

Page generated in 0.03619 seconds with 8 queries